Sunday, October 24, 2010

Etsy Night Craft Lab

This past week I hosted Monday Craft night at the Etsy labs in Dumbo (Brooklyn, NY). In the spirit of Halloween I chose the zombie project from my craft book, Beasties: How to Make 22 Mischievous Monsters That Go Bump in the Night.

Etsy Craft night is made open to the public and provides all the sewing materials and sewing supplies for free. Julie and Laura from Etsy were kind enough to assist. I brought along instructions and pattern sheets. One lucky winner in the virtual labs received a free copy of the Beasties book for answering my Zombie trivia question. The zombie project is a simple and can be done with basic hand sewing. However, Etsy provides sewing machines if you prefer to do some machine sewing.

I was excited to meet and talk with so many enthusiastic crafters who weren’t afraid to dive right in and make their own personalized zombies. There were some crazy colored zombies! Some had more blood and gore, while others were missing appendages. I really enjoy the friendly crafting environment at Etsy and chatting with people to see what kind of crafts they like to make. Thanks also to fellow crafter, David who made a exquisite Halloween sign for Monday night.

Check out the article in the NYU newspaper, Washington Square News from the Monday night Etsy Craft Labs.








No comments: