Sunday, August 22, 2010

Autumn Wedding art

Summer is not quite over but I am starting to think about fall that is just around the corner. I am very excited about my friends Vanessa and Malcolm who are getting married in late September. They both love being outdoors, gardening, and hiking by the lake with their dog. Its easy to see why their wedding theme is nature influenced. They asked me to make a piece of art for their wedding. Vanessa and Malcolm chose a tree for the imagery which symbolizes important aspects of marriage such as growth, change, strength, and balance.

Rather than have a sign in book the guests will be signing a cut out leaf that will be attached to a tree. I began with some sketches. Then I did a few style and color samples. I am interested to see what direction the final artwork will take.The autumn season offers beautiful colors and textures for inspiration.




No comments: